>

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Who Knew?

I was going to post this yesterday but I just knew someone might think it was an April fool’s joke. Which it totally is NOT. I mean, there are fools involved, but it’s no joke, not the funny kind anyway.

My husband read an article about Urine Therapy. That’s right, the benefits of consuming your own waste or massaging it into you skin. Don’t they call it waste because it is trash, garbage, stuff you don’t need? Well, according to this article, no, it’s just EXTRA.

Supposedly there have been many studies on Urine Therapy and there are more than a few suggestions for how to get the maximum mileage out of your waste--I mean, surplus nutrients.

Let me go on the record right now—I don’t care how good it might be for your immune system or how many experts say so, I will NEVER drink my own urine, not EVER. And if my husband starts, he will not be getting his mouth close to mine anytime soon, like ever.

You can read all about it here, here, here, and here. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

2 comments:

blah blah blah said...

Our children must have been born privy to this information. They love to bath in their own urine. And last night trouble tried to take a poop bath. Is there any benifit to that? We quickly cleaned it up, but maybe next time we could make better use of the situation.

-Ward

wesley's mom said...

I personally haven't read all of the findings on waste therapy, you can ask Sullivan though, he followed several links and reported to me in great detail.(which I promptly tried to block out the mental picture of)

I would think with babies you would want to take advantage of every opportunty to build their immune systems.

 
>