>

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What's your breaking point?

There has been much debate about what is by definition torture, well ladies and gentlemen I offer you a form of torture more heinous than being held under water, worse than the sound of nails on a chalkboard, the chokey doesn't even come close.

Imagine if you will one adult in a room with 2 children who are allegedly doing their homework.

Imagine this adult trying to mind her own business.

Now imagine this-

Child one-“Stop tapping your pencil.
Child two-“I can tap my pencil if I want.” tap tap tap tap
Child one-“Mommmm!!”
Innocent adult- “Please just do your homework
Child two-“I AM doing my homework, why do you always take her side?
Child one- “Noooo, you’re not doing you’re homework, you’re tapping your pencil.
Child two- “I can do more than one thing at a time.”

Imagine if you will that the innocent adult tries to leave this room so these children learn to work things out without a mediator (you know, so they will develop those all important problem solving skills), but, no, it is not to be, in the next room are more children, also allegedly doing homework.

Child three- “Watch this, I can pull my lip completely over my head.”
Innocent adult- “Are you finished with your homework?”
Child three- “Almost.” (this is a child who has almost made their bed, almost finished eating, almost taken out the garbage…)

Imagine if you will this scenario being played out in room after endless room, because we have so many children we don’t know what to do.

Now imagine this grown woman hiding in a closet with a pillow over her head until her husband comes home.

Unlikely scenario? Maybe……..maybe not.

No comments:

 
>