>

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What's new with you?

I am reading The Book Thief. I like it. To say “enjoy” wouldn’t be accurate, it’s about a young girl during the Holocaust. Death tells her story, as well as a few others.

We are watching Across the Universe. It’s not for everyone, but I think most Beatles fans could endure it.



Saturday I made the most delicious dessert. I found the recipe here, and changed it a little to make it slightly less healthy.

It was a hit. We had friends over, the kind of friends who are a little food snobby. We made a great dinner, but the dessert was the biggest success of the evening.

I highly recommend you make it, but only if you have someone else to help you eat it, because I am warning you, you will not be able to stop yourself. –Trust me. After everyone left I ate the last two servings---with my fingers.


I am earning Free Rice, read about it here. As Martha would say, “It’s a good thing.”

And I can’t wait for this-

(*click on the pics for links-psst, it's the LONG trailer)

5 comments:

blah blah blah said...

I read 'A Spot of Bother' I mostly liked it, the Tony & Jamie reunion a little contrived I thought but anyways, I will maybe check out The Book Thief if you think it's good. I am still awaiting Geek Love in the mail and am currently reading 'The Poet of Tolstoy Park' too early to tell whether I like it or not.

I want to see that movie, but I want to see about 50 movies, wonder if I will ever catch up, or see a movie before the twins turn twelve.

That dessert looks awesome, except the mountain dew? What else did you do to it? We are having friends over this weekend and maybe we could make it for them.

We would have collected more rice tonight but we moved the twins into the same room to sleep tonight and the move has the whole family a little unnerved.

-June

blah blah blah said...

Oh, and the Sex and The City movie. Would love to see that except I checked the trailer out on you tube last week and wasn't very excited about the whole Carrie leaves Big at the alter thing. I don't have to go see the movie to know where that's going to end but STC has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. As the only female who lives here though, we probably won't buy or rent it any time soon.

-June

wesley's mom said...

Yeah, I saw the Tony/Jamie thing coming a mile away, but I still thought the book was okay. I am anxious for you to read Geek Love. It's such a weird story, but I felt almost compelled to keep reading.

I was worried about the Mt. Dew also, but I am telling you it was sooo good, even Marianne, who doesn't do dessert kept eating and eating. It was like crack.
I added a cream cheese mixture
2 bricks cr.cheese
1/2c sugar
1egg
I put a plop in each roll with the apples. mmmmm.
We also had this really good cabbage salad-call me if you want the recipe. It was a hit too.

As for SITC-I know it's going to be corny and predictable (i think Big leaves Carrie at the alter,not the other way), but I don't care. It will just be fun, and I love the clothes and the shoes and all the rest. I know I will probably be going alone-NO ONE who lives with me will want to go and I'm not sure I have many friends who would be interested either. Not that would admit it anyway.

blah blah blah said...

I meant adult female, sorry Trouble.

I would like to see the movie, if we lived closer we could sneak off and see it together. I must have mistinterpreted the trailer I saw, I like the idea of Big leaving her at the alter.

I am going to email amazon today because I have recieved all the books I ordered except that one which was the one I really wanted.

I will probably call later about the salad. I love to try new things.

-June

blah blah blah said...

The two of you may need a chaperone. Sex in the City? Come on. "I like the clothes and the shoes."

Who are you and what have you done with my REAL sister?

And there is a character named BIG, what's the deal here?

-Ward

 
>