>

Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend Update

First, an update. I’m sure you will all be relieved when I report that my carrot legs have returned to their pasty glory and I have learned my lesson. I was not meant to have pigment. I will forever be the girl with the porcelain skin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last week my daughter said that she KNOWS I shop at Wal-Mart when she’s not around. Apparently she is under the impression that my distain for the evil WM is some kind of reverse psychology. She thinks that I am secretly shopping there and having loads of fun in the process. When I assured her that this was not the case, I have not set foot in a Wal-Mart in over 2 years, she let me know that I am making a big mistake.

Why?” I asked.
“Because of the low, low prices. You could be saving a lot of money!” was her answer.

Indeed. Wal-Mart can rest easy in the knowledge that their ads are not falling on deaf ears. My sweet angel has every intention of heading over there the first chance she gets to see what kinds of bargains she can get her hands on. I bet she’ll be thrilled, and after working up an appetite trying on fashions by MaryKate and Ashley, she will surely head on over to the Cracker Barrel for a “home cooked” meal and some John Deere home décor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Saturday I overheard this from my son’s 12 year old friend-
I mean he’s kind of weird, he doesn’t even like to talk about girls at all.”
I don’t even want to know who they were talking about.

That’s all I’ve got for now, but I’m working on some really captivating stuff for tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

blah blah blah said...

But what happened on Saturday, that's what we all want to know.

 
>