>

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Vinnie Barbarino.... the wait is over!

I had a few subjects on my list of things to write about today.

Then I read this and got distracted. Which as you know, hardly ever happens!!

Have you seen this? Hulu. It’s a site where you can watch TV and movies for free. Well, almost. There are ads, so I supposed free is relative depending on what your time is worth. My time is definitely for sale if I can trade 30 seconds of it for one episode of “What’s Happening?” It’s been way too long since I’ve spent anytime with Rerun and the gang. You can read more about it here.

There are full episodes of current shows, although from what I can tell most of those are available at the network sites as well. It’s not everything, and some shows only have clips, not full episodes. The movie list is not huge, and I didn’t see too many that I was dying to see. I didn’t spend too much time on the movie list because I don’t really want to sit at my computer and watch an entire film. (although, calling “Dude, where’s my car?” a film seems like a stretch.)

What looks like fun to me are the old shows. Benson, Welcome Back Kotter, Fantasy Island, and the A-team are just a few. It’s enough to keep me from all the things I “should” be doing for weeks.

It will be interesting to see if they continue to expand their content. I, for one, enjoy a little mindless television viewing from time to time. For those of you who are not watching your televisions in an effort to serve the "greater good"(you know who you are), your sacrifices to the gods have paid off. Plug in your headphones and enjoy.

No comments:

 
>