>

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Message received

I feel the need to release some negative energy. (I actually feel the need to send out a mass e-mail in all bold caps, but this will have to do).

Why, oh why, do some of us (you know who you are) feel the need to forward every stinking “clever” thing that lands in your inbox? WHY????

Let me clear a few things up for you-

I don’t want to “take a quiz” or tell you my 50 favorite things.

I don’t care if my luck doesn’t change. Frankly, my luck’s not that bad, and if the only way to change it is to send the smiley rainbow letter to 25 people in the next 3 minuets, well, I guess I’m out of LUCK! And how lucky would it be to risk annoying the 24 ½ friends who feel just like I do about e-mails of good fortune? Not very.

I don’t think kitties or puppies or any other animal in a costume is cute, even if I know your pet, I don’t think it’s cute. I kind of think its mean, have you seen those cats? Do they look like they’re having a good time to you?

As much as I do support the troops, I am not going to wear blue every Friday, or even every other Friday. Nothing personal, but I’ve got five kids and one husband and pets to dress and photograph and e-mails to forward and I just don’t have the energy left to make sure my blue shirt is clean EVERY Friday. But I admire those of you who are willing to make that sacrifice.

Unless you know my politics it’s not a good idea to not pass along that racist immigration rant from your cousin in Boise, especially if they don’t have spell check. Not lucky. I didn’t know that side of you before, and I liked it that way. Don’t make me send you to the spam file.

And lastly, I’m having a hard time believing that Jesus has chosen to spend his days wandering around the internet. But if, for the sake of argument, he has, I don’t really mind if he gets stuck in my town. Maybe my luck will turn around.



*****If you send this to everyone in you address book in the next 60 seconds something amazing will appear on your screen!!*****

1 comment:

blah blah blah said...

Hey, I sent that to everyone and nothing happened? Maybe your message is broken.

-Ward

 
>