>

Thursday, March 13, 2008

You call that NEWS?!

Before I retire for the evening I like to take one last look at the headlines to make sure world events are under control. It helps me sleep. Tonight may be restless.

Here is what is being reported at this hour-

Boyfriend of woman stuck to toilet may face charges. - Now, I can see that this is a strange situation, and why you would want to date someone who wouldn’t leave their bathroom is a mystery to me, but CHARGED? I mean really, with what? And don’t you think the poor guy is suffering enough?

'Jackass' Star Steve-O Hospitalized – I have never seen Jackass myself (shocking I know) but can it really be a surprise to anyone that this man is in a mental hospital? My only question is “What took so long?”

And finally the story I couldn’t bring myself to read-

What’s Posh’s toilet paper trick?
--Um, seriously, I don’t know how they do things across the pond, but over here no one wants to hear about your “toilet paper tricks”.

I also heard that tomorrow President Bush is planning to speak about the economy—they are calling it a Pep Talk. I personally think he’s going to need something more like a Pep Rally (cheerleaders, marching bands, batons, the whole deal), but I look forward to news that’s a little more uplifting than what today offered me.

2 comments:

blah blah blah said...

I might would tune in if I thought I could catch a glimpse of Ole' GW on the top of a cheerleader pyramid. Pom-poms and everything.
"Go-Spend! Go-Spend!" I can almost hear them chanting now. The Gymnasium would be just plump full of School Spirit.
"Beat those Tigers!"

-Ward

blah blah blah said...

What are they going to charge that guy with, taking care of a basketcase no one else wanted to. If he had called a year (before she was stuck to the toilet) authorities probably would have only laughed at his dilemma and asked what they were supposed to do. Only because it got so bad does it now make news and people want him charged, I think taking care of a mental health case who didn't leave the bathroom should recieve pity (and maybe some mental help as well) but not be charged.

Cocaine, so that's how those guys on Jackass do it, makes more sense now.

Don't worry, I read the article for you and it was the least disturbing thing fit to print. She sticks toilet paper in her shoes to make them fit tighter. I can stomach that way better than a lady stuck to a toilet by open sores.

-June

 
>