>

Monday, March 3, 2008

Adios Amigos

This morning as I am coming to grips with the fact that “Sweater Season” is indeed over I am a bit sad.

Yesterday afternoon, when, determined to wear this year’s favorite (a burnt orange cable knit crew neck pullover from the GAP) one last time for the year, I was nearly overcome by heatstroke. I knew then it was time to retire my cardigans to the top shelf for another year.

You see, we don’t REALLY have “Sweater Season” here, we have “Don’t get your hopes up, you’ll be lucky to wear your favorite jacket twice this year, and forget about the gloves honey Season.”

It’s like a game of strategy. Will I be able to wear this sweater all day? Without sweating through? Does the ratio of dry cleaning costs to times of wear make this a purchase I can feel good about? Double the points if you can make it all day in a sweater and boots-with long pants, the breeze factor of skirt wearing would be cheating.

I love my sweaters, probably because I hardly get to wear them, you know, wanting what you can’t have.

Really, my bikini means nothing to me, it’s so…….common.

8 comments:

blah blah blah said...

I was just wondering how you burned you favorite sweater. Was it spontaneous combustion or something?
Do people still burst into flames walking down the sidewalk around there?

-Ward

blah blah blah said...

We didn't have a sweater season either, okay correction, I didn't because I didn't go outside much and now the weather is warming up.

I am looking forward to bermuda shorts and favorite t's myself as I was too big for any of that last year.

As for Bikini's they are a thing of the past. Without a lot of surgery this body will never be bikini appropriate again, and it probably never was. Besides I'm more of a Tankini girl.

-June

wesley's mom said...

You know I don't really wear a bikini, right? Not even in my own backyard.

blah blah blah said...

At first I was wondering what you meant by in your own backyard and I thought back to the days of my youth with my mom on the back deck soaking up the sun (maybe this was before skin cancer exuisted?)and I thought surely she doesn't do this but then I was remembered the pool and it made a lot more sense, no one has their own pools here, it just doesn't make sense.

My Mom, she was always a bikini girl, and she, like me, shouldn't have been.

Bikinis really only look good on VS models (who I hear are TOO SEXY {seriously it made the head news on MSN.com}) and girls under say 16.

-June

wesley's mom said...

Alas, my mother was a sun goddess too. She would mix up her special recipe of baby oil and idodine and bake herself for hours.

Tans are a thing of the past for me. I try to remain pasty year round.

(I now have a mental image of our mothers sunbathing together, on their stripey plastic lounge chairs with an ice chest of wine coolers between them. It's not a pretty picture, I hope I'm not stuck with it all day.)

blah blah blah said...

Have you ever seen 'There's Something About Mary'? The lady with the nice tan and the dog.
Yep, that's the picture I'm getting and now sharing.

-June

blah blah blah said...

First of all, you two have disgusting imaginations. Shame on you both for conjuring those horrific images into my head. I think I'm going to actually be sick.

And B, I still don't know how you burned your Orange Cable Knit Crew Neck Pullover from the Gap. Do tell.

-Ward

Susan Petersen said...

RIP your favorite GAP sweater. Your blog is really clever. I have really enjoyed all of your witty posts. The conversation with your momma is so classic & funny I am laughing as I think about it. Thanks for visiting my blog. Come back any time.

 
>