>

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Touchdown

I have to confess. I would rather watch a political debate than the Superbowl, maybe even an episode of “Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader”. It’s not that I think it’s silly to watch a bunch of over paid adults play a game for even MORE money, or that I don’t want my kids to sit through three hours of beer commercials, while dining on 7 layer dip and chicken wings. Those things don’t bother me at all.

The problem is that I’m not a sports fan. There, I said it. I don’t follow football. It’s only been a day or two ago that I learned which teams had been invited to this year's event.

My son on the other hand is beside himself with excitement. He has just recounted a (false) memory of a Sunday past when church was cut short for football fans. Dream on buddy.

Normally we just watch the game at home, picking teams when the game starts, loyalty(and I use the term loosely) depends on the score. This year we’ve been invited to a Superbowl party. I’m feeling a little pressure. What do you do when you don’t have a team? Do you choose the underdog, like taking the smaller half? Do you research both teams and let the facts dictate which is the BEST? Flip a coin? Best Mascot? Can I show up a Superbowl party teamless?

I’m bringing salsa.

3 comments:

blah blah blah said...

When in doubt - cheer for the Mets!

- Ward

blah blah blah said...

In this instance, I would recommend the team that doesn't employ Tom Brady (but keep in mind your team will probably lose).

We're not going to watch the Super Bowl but I would love to if I thought that someone, anyone, was going to tackle Brady.

Did I mention I am not a fan of Brady?

-June

wesley's mom said...

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I don't know which team Tom Brady is on.

I think I'll just go with that Mets idea, wait...
Are they a basketball team?

Just kidding!!

 
>