>

Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Self Esteem

Twice a week I volunteer in my daughter's 2nd grade class. I make copies, staple paper together, whatever she needs me to do, most of the time I read with small groups. It's fun and I enjoy it, I thought the kids did too. Until…..

Yesterday my daughter told me that one of the boys in her class said that I am FAT and UGLY. Which I most definetly am NOT, modest yes, fat and ugly, no way!

The culprit is one very metrosexual young man—I’m serious. I have never seen a boy his age who takes such great care with his appearance, I have 4 sons, I’ve been around lots of boys. The only thing I can figure is that my lack of fashion expertise (please refer to my fashionista post) has somehow offended him.

OR dun dun dun……

My charming daughter has rubbed him the wrong way. Which, to be honest, is the most likely scenario. I love her, but she can be a bit abrasive. Whatever the case, I intend to get to the bottom of it tomorrow when I go to the school. I cannot have the entire 2nd grade mocking me. (Tom Cruise, yes. Mock away. Me, no sir.)

3 comments:

blah blah blah said...

Fat AND ugly, wow, he was going for blood.

Maybe your daughter has something against him, you know like he dresses better and does his hair better than her and she wants to take him down.

-June

wesley's mom said...

Whatever is going on I wish they would leave me out of it.

It's a bit crushing when a 7 year old GQ kid says you're fat and ugly. I've seen his mom, she's HOT (really). I'm operating at a disadvantage.

blah blah blah said...

Fat and Ugly! I've been saying that for thrity-some years now.

-Ward

 
>