>

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Just a normal day.

This morning I have been driven to the border of insanity. Those of you who know me may be thinking that I already live smack dab in the center of insanity and to you I say -

“NOT FUNNY!!”

My son told me that he didn’t have the time to take out the garbage before school because his education takes priority. I am expected to believe that he WANTS to take out the garbage, he just doesn’t’ have time to do EVERYTHING. Something has to go, and if you’ve seen his room you know that the something is sanitation. It would have been touching if I didn’t know that the list of his priorities looks something like this-

1. sleep
2. hang out with friends
3. think about girls
4. eat
5. listen to music
6. think about what to do while hanging out with friends
7. eat
8. think about listening to music


67. education
68. take out the garbage

As I am trying (hard) not to overreact to this logical conversation, son #3 thrusts a note at me containing the information about why he has detention today (though it does not explain why I am only hearing about it ten minuets before school starts), officially it is due to “Being disrespectful to a substitute”, unofficially it is because “I just asked if I could go to the bathroom!” What is it with substitutes these days, it’s like they can’t take a joke? (She says in jest and sympathy).

While I am trying to decide if detention alone will suffice for a consequence, my daughter comes in to tell me she’s ready to go. Boy is she ever. Fur lined boots, Capri pants, High School Musical t-shirt and an argyle cardigan. I will let you off easy by not even trying to describe the hair-do. She thinks she looks great, and I clearly have bigger fish to fry so I tell her she’s right and off we go.

Someone should have a good day, right?

It’s not gonna be me, after I drop her off my brother calls to tell me about this hilarious thing that Larry the Cable Guy just said on the radio. The fun never stops around here.

4 comments:

blah blah blah said...

Boy that Larry the Cable Guy is funny. But seriously, people may know that I'm your brother and think that you're referring to me.

Do you have any pictures of that get-up your daughter was sporting?

-Ward

wesley's mom said...

Trust me when I say, that get-up is not fit for viewing by regular mortals-just other 2nd graders and elementary school staff members.

blah blah blah said...

So you wouldn't take her to the Bass Pro Shop dressed like that?

-Ward

wesley's mom said...

Are you kidding? She would fit right in!

 
>