>

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

it could be worse

There may be things that are more traumatizing than being 15 and seeing your grandmother naked (of course there ARE), but my son can’t think of any. Except maybe that no one around here takes anything as seriously as he does. The rest of us REALLY had a good laugh over it.

The story goes that while the old gal was here for a visit last year she left the bathroom door unlocked and he accidentally walked in on her. Poor guy. I’m not sure why it took so long for me to hear this tragic tale, but a few days ago one of the younger boys said “Hey, remember when you saw grandma naked?”

Naturally we wanted to hear all of the details. Naturally we laughed.

A lot.

Maybe too much.

You would have thought some state secret had being revealed. There was all kinds of being annoyed and complaining that he had nearly blocked out the memory, but NOW it has been drug back to the surface and so on and so forth.

Too bad, we’re just not compassionate that way. I mean, I am sorry he had to see her like that, and better him than me, but lighten up already.

Maybe I should be worried. I wonder if a hypnotist could permanently wipe out the images that are burned into his subconscious.

1 comment:

blah blah blah said...

I can completely understand his desire to keep this memory blocked, as should you. I'm certain that there are a few things from the past that you've successfully blocked out that you wouldn't want someone to remind you of. Perhaps certain night-time noises from the bedroom of your mother and stepfather.

I'm just saying, some memories are meant to be supressed.

Also, I was at one time an overly-serious teenage boy. You should be careful who you're messing with.

-Ward

 
>