>

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I resolve

At last, New Year’s Resolutions, yes I know it’s the MIDDLE of January; I like to try my resolutions on to see if they are going to work for me before I make a formal announcement.

1st *To eat less junk food (notice I did not specify how much less). I’m not even sure why I want to do this because I really like junk food (especially the kind they make at Jack in the Box) and I’m not big as a house (yet), but I have heard rumors, from far off lands, that I will feel better if I eat better food. I guess I could live with that.

2nd *Of course, I am going to try to get my scripture reading under control, I just can’t spend so many hours a day reading and pondering. HAAA! What I meant to say was, I am going to try really hard to form some better scripture study habits. (Better is somewhat misleading, as I currently don’t have any “habits” per say.)

Last but not least
*The biggest challenge
(I like that word better than resolution) I am giving myself is to spend more time with people who make me feel good, or make me want to be better, and less time with those who don’t. Seems like a given, but I have a tendency to not want to let anyone down, and to want EVERYONE to like me. I had an epiphany recently, I don’t like everyone and they don’t have to like me. And half of the people I am worrying about pleasing are people I don’t even enjoy being around.


Just admitting that to myself was huge. I am not a mean person, but I have opinions and I can be a little sarcastic ( it’s all in fun, I swear!!), and I am so tired of coming home from a night out with “friends” and replaying the whole evening in my mind to figure out if I need to call anyone and apologize for my big mouth. SO to that end I have decided that I am too old and life is too short.

That pretty much covers it. The other stuff, be a better wife, mother, teacher… Read all of the Sunday school and Relief Society lessons on my own…. Learn new things, finish all of my projects…. Those are all things I am really trying to do all of the time anyway, so I don’t see any reason to add more pressure by calling them to the surface and adding them to the rest of my unrealistic resolutions.

Coming tommorrow, my take on the Michigan Primary!!

No comments:

 
>