>

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

all the news that's fit to repeat

This morning my brother called (at the crack of dawn-same guy who doesn’t answer his door at 7:30am) to give me the morning news, because he is nothing if not on top of the events that shape our world. Here’s what he called to tell me, it’s good. It’s important. It might help you if you are worried about the economy, the election, or even the war.

“I read on CNN this morning that Paris Hilton thinks Britney Spears is a good mom and everyone should give her a break.”

I have so much to say about this, but I will keep it short and just say-“Well, DUH!!”

I didn’t have time to chat; I was too busy being a parent to my children to discuss what an idiot with no children of her own thinks of another idiot who has been deemed unfit by the courts. But later when I have some free time (6 or 7 years from now) I will be sure to look it up. I’m putting it on my list of “News I Need to Know” right now, (not really, all of my list are of like, what I need from Target, and things that need to be fixed, books to read, junk like that).

********

I interrupt this important news brief to tell you that there is a man--from a lawn service--at the house next door (which is in foreclosure, and really has no lawn to speak of because it’s dead from lack of service) the man pretending to do the lawn (because there is no lawn) is wearing a trench coat, is that weird? Cause it seems a little weird to me.

2 comments:

blah blah blah said...

He didn't call to tell you about Heath Ledger.

wesley's mom said...

He's only concerned with REAL news.

 
>