>

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Resolutions

The year is almost over and I have a tendency to look ahead with grandiose plans of organization and goals that I would need 2 or 3 years of 32 hour days to accomplish. I suppose that the fact that I continue to look ahead with such enthusiasm says something about my optimistic nature, or, my husband might say, my tendency to have unrealistic expectations, either way it is always fun for me to sit down and think about what might be. I haven’t quite decided on anything yet. I always feel that once I’ve put it on paper, there is this (self-imposed) pressure to not fail.

Some people find January gloomy, the holidays are over and winter stretches out before us, the days are short and cold. I see it as a clean slate, a chance to get ready for the busy spring and summer. The rest of the year seems to pass so quickly, and I am grateful for the winter months and a chance to recharge for a bit.

Of course, before I can do any of that, I need to pack up the tree and the lights, the stockings, ugh, all of it, then watch Christmas Vacation one last time for the year, while polishing off the case of Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider we have accumulated through the generosity of our friends and neighbors.

Wish me luck finding time to do any of it!!

No comments:

 
>