>

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I love you all, really, I do.

This is an open letter to all of the people who think that their time is more valuable than mine.-

You are not the center of my universe. The 6 people who are the center of my universe keep me fully occupied. Day and Night. If you have stopped by my house and found me in my pajamas at noon it is not because I am bored or depressed, I do not need to get up and get out, no, I do not need to breathe fresh air, and even if I did- taking care of your children, fulfilling your church calling, and listening for HOURS about your crappy marriage would not be the things I need to lift me from my funk. NO, if you have found me in my jammies it is because my own life has kept me too busy to take the 30 seconds it would take to put real clothes on.


Here’s the deal, the low down if you will.

I actually enjoy serving my fellow man and when a true crisis occurs I rise to the occasion—ask anyone who has been the beneficiary of my generous nature. But, you not waking up on time, forgetting to tell anyone you are going out of town, and not being able to stand up for yourself for the last 15 years are not my emergencies. And when your fake drama makes me late to pick up my kids I want to scream. I wish I could say this is my declaration of independence, but alas, I love most of you losers who are taking me for granted, so I will probably continue to be at your beck and call. But at least now I have expressed my frustration to the universe.

Or the 3 people who read my blog anyway.

1 comment:

JustRandi said...

I'm with ya, sista.
I don't mind dropping everything for an emergency, or even helping out when there's a true need. Not at all.
But I have very little patience for the drama just for the sake of drama. I'm way too busy for that.

And hey- PJ's all day sounds productive. I mean, how much time did you save there? Am I right?

Hey, I think it's fun we have the same blog name! Thanks for coming by!

 
>